Difference between revisions of "Delacour"

From Pipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
The Delacour factory was build around 1892 (expanded in 1893) in Saint Claude, Jura, France, Rue Carnot 14 bis.  The owner was Alix Delacour.  Already in 1909 the factory was further expanded.  Delacour had their own briar drying facilities.  In 1960, the pipe factory closed.  (Brand name was probably taken over by Jeantet).  The Delacour building harbored afterwards: an eye-wear company, dance school, restaurant, etc.
+
[[file:delacour3.jpg|thumb|left|Letterhead (Circa 1920), courtesy [http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/infos/delacourusine-en.html Pipephil.eu]]]The Delacour factory was build around 1892 (expanded in 1893) in Saint Claude, Jura, France, Rue Carnot 14 bis.   
 +
 
 +
[[file:delacour2.jpg|thumb|View from the west of the Delacour factory (1980s), courtesy [http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/infos/delacourusine-en.html Pipephil.eu]]][[file:delacour4.jpg|thumb|Side Faced of the workshops and ebauchons drying shed, courtesy [http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/infos/delacourusine-en.html Pipephil.eu]]][[file:delacour5.jpg|thumb|Back facade of the workshops and ebauchons drying shed, courtesy [http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/infos/delacourusine-en.html Pipephil.eu]]]The owner was Alix Delacour.  Already in 1909 the factory was further expanded.  Delacour had their own briar drying facilities.  In 1960, the pipe factory closed.  (Brand name was probably taken over by Jeantet).  The Delacour building harbored afterwards: an eye-wear company, dance school, restaurant, etc.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
  
 
<center><gallery widths=250px heights=185px caption="Delacour HAVANNA Special, with an early horn stem and stinger. Likely early 1900's. Courtesy, Doug Valitchka">
 
<center><gallery widths=250px heights=185px caption="Delacour HAVANNA Special, with an early horn stem and stinger. Likely early 1900's. Courtesy, Doug Valitchka">

Revision as of 14:07, 23 July 2017

Letterhead (Circa 1920), courtesy Pipephil.eu

The Delacour factory was build around 1892 (expanded in 1893) in Saint Claude, Jura, France, Rue Carnot 14 bis.

View from the west of the Delacour factory (1980s), courtesy Pipephil.eu
Side Faced of the workshops and ebauchons drying shed, courtesy Pipephil.eu
Back facade of the workshops and ebauchons drying shed, courtesy Pipephil.eu

The owner was Alix Delacour. Already in 1909 the factory was further expanded. Delacour had their own briar drying facilities. In 1960, the pipe factory closed. (Brand name was probably taken over by Jeantet). The Delacour building harbored afterwards: an eye-wear company, dance school, restaurant, etc.