From Pipedia
Revision as of 14:11, 23 July 2017 by Sethile (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Letterhead (Circa 1920), courtesy

The Delacour factory was built around 1892 and expanded in 1893) in Saint Claude, Jura, France, Rue Carnot 14 bis.

View from the west of the Delacour factory (1980s), courtesy
Side Faced of the workshops and ebauchons drying shed, courtesy
Back facade of the workshops and ebauchon drying shed, courtesy

The owner was Alix Delacour. Already in 1909 the factory was further expanded. Delacour had their own briar drying facilities. In 1960, the pipe factory closed. (Brand name was probably taken over by Jeantet). The Delacour building harbored afterwards: an eye-wear company, dance school, restaurant, etc.