From Pipes, Artisans and Trademarks, by Jose Manuel Lopés'
Davidoff started in 1911 as a family run tobacconist located in Geneva. Henri Davidoff, a Russian emigrant, was the founder. The shop was located in Geneva.
His son, Zino Davidoff (1906-1994), concentrated on the tobacco business, starting in 1924, and revolutionized the conservation of quality cheroots throughout Europe.
Davidoff became World famous, and the company was acquired in 1970 by the Oettinger group, and expanded into numerous accessories for men.
For Zino, the pursuit of pleasure was a constant, two of his maxims being: "Take pleasure from everything in life, without excess" and "the pipe is a valuable companion, the essence of tranquility and must be smoked with respect".
Davidoff's first pipes date from 1974 and were commissioned by various companies, notably Butz-Choquin and the Cuty Fort Group. The brand offers 14 classic shapes, in three finishes and with acrylic stems.
It appears the pipes are now made in Italy, as the website states the following about their pipes:
Creation of the Davidoff Pipe entails a meticulous, detailed process performed by only the most skilled Italian pipemakers. This dedication is why the Davidoff Pipe upholds a standard of quality and design found in no other pipe in the world. Made of the finest and carefully selected briar, each Davidoff Pipe features a flawless, hand-finished bowl and perfectly fitted, hand-cut acrylic stem. The Davidoff Pipe is available in three beautiful designs and finishes -- sandblasted black, red brilliant and natural light brown.