The Dr. Plumb's brand name is owned by A. Oppenheimer & Co., Limited, owners of Cadogan Investments, Ltd.. J.B. Rubinovich, GBD's Parisian sales manager, created this brand in 1925. The pipes was produced by the Ruchon & Verguet and also Ropp factories (Saint-Claude, France). In 1962 a Dr. Plumb's pipe sold for between C$3.95 and C$4.95, or $31.72 in 2015 U.S. dollars, and pipes can still be purchased from this brand for a similar price today.
These pipes have long been advertised as Dr. Plumb's Perfect Pipe, that name coming from an aluminum tube system designed to keep the smoke cool and dry while at the same time permitting the "cooling chamber" to be cleaned by simply twisting the stem. While Dr. Plumb's pipes were long made in France and stamped accordingly, they are now British made.
Several Catalog pages from a Circa 1950s Oppenheimer Pipes Catalog featured Dr. Plumb's pipes.