Difference between revisions of "Delacour"

From Pipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Delacour factory was build around 1892 (expanded in 1893) in Saint Claude, Jura, France, Rue Carnot 14 bis.  The owner was Alix Delacour.  Already in 1909 the factory was further expanded.  Delacour had their own briar drying facilities.  In 1960, the pipe factory closed.  (Brand name was probably taken over by Jeantet).  The Delacour building harbored afterwards: an eye-wear company, dance school, restaurant, etc.
 
The Delacour factory was build around 1892 (expanded in 1893) in Saint Claude, Jura, France, Rue Carnot 14 bis.  The owner was Alix Delacour.  Already in 1909 the factory was further expanded.  Delacour had their own briar drying facilities.  In 1960, the pipe factory closed.  (Brand name was probably taken over by Jeantet).  The Delacour building harbored afterwards: an eye-wear company, dance school, restaurant, etc.
 +
 +
<center><gallery widths=250px heights=185px caption="Delacour HAVANNA Special, with an early horn stem and stinger. Likely early 1900's. Courtesy, Doug Valitchka">
 +
File:Havanna01.jpg
 +
File:Havanna07.jpg
 +
File:Havanna10.jpg
 +
File:Havanna11.jpg
 +
File:Havanna12.jpg
 +
</gallery></center>
  
 
[[Category: Pipe makers by nationality]][[Category: France]]
 
[[Category: Pipe makers by nationality]][[Category: France]]

Revision as of 08:34, 22 July 2017

The Delacour factory was build around 1892 (expanded in 1893) in Saint Claude, Jura, France, Rue Carnot 14 bis. The owner was Alix Delacour. Already in 1909 the factory was further expanded. Delacour had their own briar drying facilities. In 1960, the pipe factory closed. (Brand name was probably taken over by Jeantet). The Delacour building harbored afterwards: an eye-wear company, dance school, restaurant, etc.