La Bruyère

From Pipedia
Jump to: navigation, search

S.A. La Bruyère was established in Paris in 1908, and in the following two years acquired premises in St. Claude on the rue Saint Blaise. In 1921 they expanded the factory to the other side of the street, and continued to expand through 1932, when they purchased and absorbed the Chapuis-Comoy brand and took over its factory. In 1957, as a result of the success of Chacom, La Bruyère revived the name and became Chapuis-Comoy & Cie. One of the former La Bruyère facilities is still in operation under that name, not as a pipe shop, but as a restaurant.