It was “the great love of cigars” that prompted the Hamburg merchant Emil Karl Ferdinand Wolsdorff to open his first shop on May 7, 1907 on Georgsplatz in Hamburg. He wanted to operate a widespread trade in cigars and therefore planned two things: Firstly, the development of a WOLSDORFF own brand range with exclusive varieties, made by quality manufacturers in Westphalia and Baden-Württemberg. Second, the establishment of an extensive branch network in all of Germany's major cities in order to achieve a nationwide distribution of its brands. There are now around 170 Wolsdorff tobacco shops throughout Germany, selling pipes, cigars and tobacco.
Wolsdorff Tobacco GmbH, was acquired by Oettinger Imex AG (now Oettinger Davidoff AG) in 1997. There are currently 880 employees. The managing director is Thomas Vollmer, who joined the company in 1999.
WOLSDORFF Tobacco GmbH Wendenstraße 377 20537 Hamburg Germany Phone: 49 040 25 30 23 0 Fax: 49 040 25 30 23 20