My opinion is the background of the pipe images should be the most "neutral" possible. Otherwise Pipedia pages will ressemble a Christmas tree. Neutral: - Backgrounds with pipe holders, books, pipe tools, computer screens or keyboards, room sceneries, flowers, plants of all kinds, even pipe sleeves (which are rarely originals) ... disturb from what we are all interested for: PIPES - Flashy colours should be avoided too. IMO white, black or (colored) grey are the best. --Pipephil
- I agree, it would be best to keep to neutral tones, and uncluttered backgrounds in photographs for Pipeida. That will keep the focus on the pipes, and also contributes a more cohesive look to the articles. However, I hate to discourage new contributors from posting images because they are worried they are not in keeping with a specific requirement. In some cases we have no images at all for a brand. In those cases, and in cases where the image is of a very unique pipe, I would prefer to have the images even if they don't meet a specific criteria. --sethile 20:19, 4 November 2012 (CST)
@sethile Could you please mark the last version of this page for translation? Currently the outdated version of 17:06, 15 December 2018 is somehow still marked for translation although you reverted your changes. I would like to convert the separate page "GBD.de" into a proper translation of this page using the translation extension. Cheers Magna (talk)
- Thanks for all your work! Great to see you diving back in! I think I succeeded in marking the new version of the page for translation. Somehow we have also broke the link to the French translation. Perhaps you can take a look at that too? It's still there: "GBD.fr", just doesn't show up in language bar. At your service! sethile.
- Thanks for your quick response! It's not broken .. it's just not a regular translation in terms of the translation extension. It's just a separate page. I've moved the links to the separate pages GBD.de & GBD.fr to the bottom of the page. Magna (talk)
- Great, it works! I translated the first few paragraphs but had to change the original (english) page again, cause I forgot to define all translatable text as translatable. Could you mark the last version again as translation source? Or would you like to give me the privileges to do so on my own? It should be called "translation administrator" (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Translate/Page_translation_administration). Magna (talk)
- OK, great! I added you to several permissions groups. I think that will cover the page translation, and most other things you may like to explore. I can use all the help I can get, and I really appreciate your willingness to dive in! sethile (talk).